Using Your Influence on Purpose with Kelly Hallock
Today on the podcast I’m really pleased to be joined by Kelly Hallock. Kelly and I met through the Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba and I knew I wanted to have her on the podcast. Kelly is a Registered Nurses Educator with the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority. She has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Alberta, and is also an experienced speaker working in the professional training and speaking industry. She is skilled in nursing education, acute care, critical care nursing and healthcare management. Kelly is also a certified speaker. Trainer and coach with the John Maxwell team.
We start by talking about an early mentorship program opportunity and go on to discuss:
- Transitioning into leadership training
- Moving into nurse educator roles
- The value of interviewing
- How to unlock leadership potential
- Changes for nursing during the year of the nurse
Key 3 Points
- Where are you at? Based on this, what do you need to grow?
- To be a good leader, spend more time listening
- Nurses are resilient.
“Keep learning. If you want to ensure you have the best practice out there, get on committees where you can be next to those experts. Learn to teach.”